British tuning designer and engineering firm TDI-Tuning is often approached by those who have chosen a more personalised approach to motoring, and drive vehicles with unique styling cues, such as – for example – Kahn Design and Overfinch bespoke creations.
Motorists who enjoy such individual styling are also keen to improve their vehicle from within, and TDI-Tuning’s tuning boxes are an appropriate and safe way to modify the vehicle’s performance.
“We recently had a Jeep Wrangler by the Chelsea Truck Company of Kahn Design. The owner wished to reduce turbo lag, which is a common issue with these vehicles,” explains TDI-Tuning Principal Graeme King. “We fitted it with a CRTD2 Twin Channel tuning box, and power increased from 197bhp to 260bhp; torque improved from 460Nm to 547Nm.”
Other examples of bespoke design vehicles include a Range Rover 3.6 Overfinch which, fitted with a TDI-Tuning box, had its power increase from 268bhp to 332bhp, and torque up from 640Nm to 736Nm.
TDI-Tuning designs and manufactures tuning boxes which are programmed to suit a range of vehicles, from mass-market Fords to high-end AMG Mercedes sportscars; its products are backed by a partnership with insurance company Adrian Flux, can be purchased with a brand new finance package, and offer hassle-free ownership with 100% positive feedback score through independent review service Feefo.
Some key points:
- TDI-Tuning designs and develops its own tuning boxes, which are then manufactured in Germany
- They can be fitted or removed by the end user in less than 30 minutes without needing special skills or specialist input
- The vehicle will revert to standard when the box is removed – leaving no trace
- The tuning equipment can be sent back to TDI-Tuning to be re-programmed for over 4,000 different models
- TDI-Tuning boxes start at just under £300