After introducing the Duster Oroch earlier this year, Renault is now taking the wraps off the ALASKAN Concept which marks a further step forward in its bid to win over customers in the constantly-growing pick-up market. Pick-ups account for around one-third of total LCV sales and open up a fresh front for Renault’s product offensive.
The ALASKAN Concept is a striking show vehicle that paves the way for a pick-up that will have a global calling. It combines a payload of one tonne with cutting-edge, athletic styling to meet the exacting needs of business users and individuals alike.
The ALASKAN Concept’s status-enhancing design fits perfectly with the aesthetic expectations of the pick-up segment, whilst remaining true to the Renault brand’s own styling cues.
- A head-turner…
- The dimensions of the assertive, status enhancing ALASKAN Concept ensure a forceful stance,
- The design of its robust yet athletic sculpted sides includes prominent wheel arches filled with 21-inch wheels,
- Its lines combine a sense of high-tech engineering with an impression of robustness.
- Its eye-catching front-end styling incorporates Renault design cues which bring a modern, aesthetic touch to the world of pick-ups:
- A large, prominent logo,
- An impressive bonnet highlighted by four sculptured ribs that heighten the impression of strength,
- A combination of satin-effect, brushed and polished metal finishes,
- Blue and yellow detailing on the door mirrors, brake calipers, wheel rim centres and front tow hook visually enhance the ALASKAN Concept’s poise,
- C-shaped head lights,
- Full-LED lighting signature.
Laurens van den Acker, Senior Vice-President, Corporate Design, commented: “The styling of the ALASKAN Concept sticks to the rules of the pick-up segment, including impressive dimensions and a visual sense of power and robustness. At the same time, we have dialed in specific Renault cues in the form of an attractive, status-enhancing front-end design.”
- The ALASKAN Concept is powered by Renault’s proven four-cylinder, twin turbo diesel engine which features in the existing Master range:
- Twin turbo technology: a small turbo for smooth acceleration at low engine speeds, plus a bigger turbo for higher revs.
- This longitudinally-mounted twin turbo powertrain is lighter than average equivalent engines,
- Outstanding acceleration performance, plus class-topping fuel economy and low CO2 emissions.
The ALASKAN Concept is a ‘work hard, play hard’ all-road vehicle designed to meet the requirements of three different worlds: business and leisure use, plus everyday motoring.
- Perfectly suited to the needs of business users:
- Strong chassis for excellent road holding, high ground clearance and distinctive driving comfort,
- A payload of more than one tonne with five passengers onboard and a long, wide load bed,
- Load bed incorporating three longitudinal recesses suitable for fixing equipment,
- Additional storage bins either side of the load bed for the secure protection of equipment,
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency, plus impressive power output and acceleration performance.
- The ALASKAN Concept is the perfect companion for leisure use, too:
- Ideal for road trips, adventure or sports use. Its big load bed can comfortably accommodate mountain bikes, camping gear or surfboards, etc. Availability of a range of outdoor accessories (load bed liners, covers, etc.),
- Premium travelling comfort, together with highest quality standards in terms of equipment and connectivity,
- Last but not least, a camera located inside the door mirror housings to permit the filming of passing landscapes.
- For everyday motoring:
- A status-enhancing vehicle complete with large 21-inch wheels, user-friendly driving comfort and modern urban styling that sets it apart in the pick-up world,
- A sporty, appealing look:
- Large LED Pure Vision rear lights with brushed and polished aluminium surrounds framed by C-shape direction indicators,
- Sophisticated rear-end styling heightened by the central aluminium exhaust tail pipe.